
I was going into The south side of Williamsburg to go and cop something. I already called my connect to make sure that he was there and that I didn't make the trip to wait or for nothing.
After I got out of the train and walked a few blocks I noticed in one of the alleyways there was a stray cat. I saw her and she looked just like one of my cats, Nila.
She was all tan with a all black tail and she had blue eyes. I said to myself after I cop
I will get some food and put it out for her. I looked down and saw 2 other plates so someone was feeding her as well. Then I rethought and said let me feed her now being shes here. So
I ran to the corner store and got some food for her, and ran back and put it down fro her. I started calling her "Hope" because that's the name of the street I found her on.
When I put the food down I backed away and saw she started eating it. I left her there with the food and said if she comes to me on the way back then maybe I can save her.
So I proceeded to go see my connect. Now as I'm going to cop off him I'm not the only one there was 3 other people who came in behind me.
So I go in, he served me first, I stashed it away and then left. I was in the building for about 3minutes.
So I started walking back the same way I came to go and check out Hope. I get to the alleyway where I saw her and being it was nighttime I couldn't see to well. So I took out my flashlight and
started looking for her and calling out to her. The next thing I hear in a mans voice is
"what are you doing", now I thought it was either the super or the landlord maybe even
a tenant in the building. I picked my head up and the it was a white man holding a gold shield.
He was with a Spanish man and they were both under covers.
I explained to him that I do animal rescue & I'm trying to save this cat for the past week.
I showed him all the empty dishes that were on the ground and said I had put them all there
and I was taking care of her.
He asked me if I had anything on me that I'm not supposed to have, I replied with
"the only thing you will find on me is pepper spray and a pocket knife. "Why do you carry the pepper spray" he asked.
I explained to him that I go into areas where they fight pit bulls and I'm also a female
who rides the trains late at night and I will not become a victim.
He asked if I had ID, I said yes and I went toward my wallet to give them my wallet.
They got a little excited and said please don't make any moves like that. After he said
that to me I stood with my hands up and they asked to check me and my pocket and shit.
I said yes go right ahead you find anything on me.
He asked me where I was coming from and I told him that I used to live in this area
and I know alot of people here. I said that someone came up to me and told me that there
was a dog tied up to a radiator and his bones were stinking out and I went into the building that they pointed out to me and I went to check it out.
He asked why didn't I call the Animal Control first. I told them that if they take him he
will get put got or put on the euth list, and I have the authority to take them in and foster
them out to people in order to save them from being put down.
The under covers said the building you were in is a known drug spot and that's why I was being stopped. I said to them "I don't deny that I did go in the building but I wanted to check and
see if there was a dog in there and if he was alive or dead or what".
One of the cops said "OH we KNOW you went into the building but we wanted to make sure you weren't doing anything you should be".
After that the white cop then asked if he could check around my waistline, I said no problem
he felt around my waist and felt my cellphone holder and where I hang my flashlight. He asked what it was and I told him, he said do you mind if I lift your shirt because it feels like a gun.
I said no problem the only thing your going to see is my sexy tummy. They laughed and then
saw it was nothing. After that they gave me back all my stuff that they had taken out of my pockets and said sorry for stopping you.
I said no problem I know your just doing your job its all good.
Now a few things that I think saved me were that I knew the lingo as far as rescuing animals and I also had my ACC volunteer card on me which they saw.
I was dressed fly (as always). I had on brand new all white uptowns, I had on all my jewelry, my gold chain and crucifix, my gold earrings, and my fathers pinkie ring which is worth alot,
at least I got something from the fucker right?! I had my iPod Touch on me and I also had on a $300 Harley Davidson leather vest.
So they saw I wasn't a bummed out "junkie" like that. Also one of the biggest things that I think saved me was the cat Hope and the food I put down for her and the other plates that were there.
So I dodged a bullet big time.


7 comments:
Hey you made my top 5. In blogers. maybe someday 5 people
You are the coolest i admire your loyalty to your girlfriend and dogs you are truly one of the people who are top 2%
Frankiecon
Good thinking on your feet....I have found that when you are in those situations if you can talk like you have some sense and not act like you are in the midst of doing something illegal you usually make out better. Some people do not have the ability to do so. Glad you are ok......
Lori
I was always rehearsing that scenario happening and what would I say, ya know?
That area's hopping with 5/O PoPo. You handled that well.
My email's been all whacked. My sis, the Princess closed my account being a vindictive bitch.
Email me at mzbabz@comcast.net and let me know how you and Gypsy are, ok? I miss you guys. I mean that!
Big Love
i carry a knife with me everywhere i go, and it always makes me laugh when people ask my why i carry a weapon...like it's crazy or some shit that i want to protect myself!
i think it's crazy if you're a female in new york who DOESN't keep herself safe.
I ALWAYS carry something on me because just walking down the street or riding the train some wacko can try something with me and has many times so for a woman to not have some kind of protection on them is VERY stupid on there part.
LORI~
Yes when you think quick and dont act like a dick to them 9 out of 10 times they will take your word for it and not bust your balls.
IF you start screaming at them and acting a dam fool then they will treat you like shit.
I also think my appearence had ALOT to do with it. I didnt look like your typical "junkie" type, I had on brand new kicks and gold jewlery that caught the cops eye, and I had on things that are worth money and your typical junkie would not have these things.
What about the kitten?
Post a Comment