Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Monday, September 21, 2009

FOUR Update



QUICK UPDATE ON FOUR:

Four went from Gypsy & sKILLz home in Brooklyn today to Courtney’s apartment on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. We had a fabulous, albeit exhausting day at the vet, going back and forth to Petco and walking the streets of New York City with friends.

Four loves car rides and if you don't go fast enough he will start to talk to you as if he is begging you to speed up. He adores having his head out the window, too. But it seems I didn't roll it down far enough for him so what did he do? He found the automatic button and pushed it down himself! I wasn't about to risk having him leap out of the car while I was doing 65 mph down the FDR so up went the windows and on went the child safety locks! Of course he didn’t like that one bit and began to bark incessantly.

Four rocked the traditional foster-wear “adopt me” garb during our five hour excursion in Manhattan today and I have to say, he drew a lot of interest from passersby. As for the vet, Four weighed in at a healthy 53 pounds. He confirmed that Four is at least 10 years of age, if not 12, which is what we were previously told. He was prescribed eye drops for teary, mucus-filled eyes and some ear drops for an infection in his left ear. We also ran some minor tests and will not have those results back until Monday. I will say that the subject of neutering him, at his age, remains a debatable topic and appears to differ from vet to vet.

The good news is that while we want to market Four locally in New York City for a bit, we do have options as far north in Rochester, as far south in North Carolina and as far west in California. If one thing is for sure it is that Four’s story has touched FORTY people, if not more, and that speaks volumes...

3 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I loved the details on FOUR. What a cute personality! I am so glad you have options. He is a real doll.

Love you sKILLz. Best to Gypsy.

SB

Brother Frankie said...

dogs and car windows... same feeling you get on a motorcycle..(they aint dumb)


i hated riding the FDR on my bike... but always got a great feeling seeing my favorite bridge in the whole world...

i hated the 8th st construction a bit back..(been away for 12 years)

but i so miss my HOME>>>BROOKLYN!!!!

oh yeah, glad FOUR is doing good.

LAter homie...

Brother Frankie

Syd said...

That is great. I hope that Four finds a great home.

Powered By Blogger