Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NICO



Sorry for not updating more often, our lives have been majorly busy!

After FOUR came and we took care of him and he left we had about 5days of down time before another dog came right in that REALLY needed our help!
Oh here is the update and just to let everyone know FOUR has gotten a "furever home"!!!! YAY!!!

Ok so the dog we have now we named him NICO and when he came to us he was a MESS!
They cut his ears off with a scissor, they kept him in the same room for over 2 years where he would piss, shit, eat & sleep 24/7. This was Nico when he 1st came to us
He was never walked on a leash, didn't even know what it was to be out side and smell trees, pick up his leg to pee, to run around with other dogs and basically be a DOG!!

So we got him house broken in 2days, got him walking on a leash with no problems.
He knows commands such as sit, stay, wait, up, & down.

Also something we teach out dogs to do is that when we are feeding them before we put the dish of food down we make them sit and wait.
Once we say the command "go eat" that is when they are allowed to eat, another thing Nico picked up on quick.
He is a big dog and very smart.
He is going to make his owner proud!!

This is how Nico looks so far

Now of course I have blogged about how the people in my park are when I come in with my pit bulls but today was something else I tell ya.
What happened was I took Nico & Bandit to the park. Now seeing as everything is new to Nico when he see a child riding a bike, running, or riding a scooter, or maybe playing some kind of ball he gets EXCITED not AGGRESSIVE BIG fucking difference!
Some guy said to me " you nee to get those dog out of the park now ". Now if you know me you know that I did not stay shut, then out of the blue a woman comes up to me and says " I have pit bulls and I know he was just playing, someone just called 911 on you so please just go so you don't get into trouble, if not for you for the dogs ".
So next thing I see is 3 people taking my picture! I went fucking nuts! Who the FUCK do you think you are taking MY picture!!

So I went home brought Bandit up and took out Nico & Harley.
I sat down in the park and all the people who took my picture and were complaining were gone!
I lit up a smoke and next thing I know 8 cops come up to me and start asking questions:

Was your dog off leash? No!
Did your dog Attack anyone? No, and if he did wouldn't there be blood everywhere?
Was your dog looking to attack the children or people? No!

I gave the female cop the rundown on Nico, how everything is new to him and so on.
She understood and so did the others. Now for some reason there is ALWAYS one cop who has a fucking bad attitude and I just wanted to punch him, either he didn't like pit bulls or me, whatever the case fuck it.
So the female made a little report, took my info and that was that!
I said you need to tell these people to stop making false claims, that's what you need to do.
Nico even went up to one of the cops and was giving him kisses and I had treats that the cop was giving him and it was great on my part. Showed that the people were just plain out lying!!!!


So we have had Nico going on a week and he is getting better day by day. Learning new things, gaining weight and just learning how to be a dog.

Gypsy is doing her thing working & I'm doing my thing working as well.
I have been taking less clients due to the fact I need to make sure our animals are taking care of and that they are not left alone for long of a time period.

Trying to stay out of trouble, clean and out of the mix. It is hard but her one day at a time right?!!?
Hope everything is good with my readers!
Stay Up!

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Aww, poor baby Nico. I hate to see or hear of any kind of animal abuse. It completely enrages me when people mistreat animals. But it looks like Nico is making progress! He looks sooo much better! You and Gypsy are amazing for the work that you do with these animals; I hope that you know that.

And the shit that happened at the dog park - what the HELL was that about? I cannot stand ignorant fucking people like that. They wanted to be assholes just for the sake of being assholes. You handled it well, though. I'm sure you had to try VERY hard not to blow the fuck up at those idiots.

Anyway, I'm glad things are going well with Nico and that Four has found himself a new home!

sKILLz said...

VICTORIA:

What we do is nothing to us, we see it as something we have to do to save these animals because frankly no one else steps up to help.
Don't get me wrong there are PLENTY of rescue groups that help, people who can't help physically so they send in donations, which help ALOT.

People just give us more props because we actually take them into our homes and get them back to health, train them, and give them whatever else they might need ya digg?!

Thanks for your post and your respect, means alot to me!
FOUR has a forever home as of now so he is good money.

Nico is our care, he is our FOSTER, so he needs his forever home once he is back up to health and able to do his thing and hold his own you know!?
I have a feeling NICO is going to get a home no problem because he is good with dogs, cats, & people.
So we shall see.
You KNOW I'm going to be giving updates on him as long as he is here.

Oh and shit in the park, GIRRRRLLLL you have NO IDEA what go threw when I bring my pits in there.
People scoop up their little rug rats and leave, or tell me to leave like yesterday, tell me I can;t have the dog there when I CAN!
OMFG so many things, and so many times cops have been called when people make false complaints saying, my dogs off leash, my dog is attack people, my dog is being aggressive, blah blah fucking blah!!!
Today nothing jumped off and I'm glad cause I'm in noo mood to fight with a fucking jerk off!
Stay Up girl ya digg!?!?

MEM said...

I've had people freak out about our pit mix too. It's almost always complete hysteria combined with a big dose of busy-bodyism.

And man, if people are so afraid of dogs and worried about dogs attacking their kids, I don't understand why this happens to me & Tuffy so often: We'll be out walking, minding our own business, and a kid will ride his little bike up beside us or run up on us, from behind, as fast as he can, and the parents are SHOCKED that the dog jumps or barks or otherwise acts startled. Damn it, teach your kids not to run or ride up on ANY animal they don't know!

Anyway, Nico sounds like such a good dog. You & Gypsy are the BEST, taking care of these animals and showing them love. I'm so glad that Four has a home, and I'm so glad that you have been willing to save yet another animal.

Lori said...

I have been reading your blog for about two years now maybe? I love the fact you rescue dogs. I only have one, due to my housing situation. Since my husband died, this dog is all I have left. Pits are amazing animals. He used to lick my husband wounds when he came home from the hospital and was so very gentle with him when he was dying. Dogs know. I wish people were half as smart. It is horrid what those people did to that dog. Scissors, cutting ears etc.??? Sinful. Just stopping by to say hi, and hope all is well with you and yours. You stay up Miss!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

sKILLz,
You and Gypsy are such sweethearts to take in Nico. People need to get a damn grip about pitbulls. What a bunch of ignorant assholes.

Love,

SB

Infoturn said...

You are just wonderful, really!

Powered By Blogger