Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Whats The Reason?



I was about 16 years old and heavy into the drug game by now. I was shooting dope, and smoking crack. I was also smoking weed, and on the weekends when I went out with my friends I would do sniff coke, take Ecstasy & Ketamine I was a garbage head really. Not everyone in the crew knew I was smoking crack and shooting dope. They thought I only did it once and awhile and didn't know I had a habit and was on a mission.
Anyways here I am a 16 year old female thinking I can take on the world. I was always the "tomboy" type. I always knew I liked females in a sexual way so I always ran with the boys and that made me all the more tough. I made my money with my running partner who was a man named Shabazz. When I met him I was 15 and he was 36, he had just come home from doing a 9 year bid in a max prison.
We clicked right away, and he didn't want to get into my pants, he saw I was about my money and I liked to get high and he was the same way. He always got money, stayed fly and was able to get high. Of course we had our bad days but what addict doesn't. The point I'm trying to make is Bazz was good to me and he took my under his wing and looked at me like a little sister.
So everyday we would meet up if we didn't break night together, and plan how we would make our money and what we were going to take off in order to "get this money".
One day he tells me he has something set up and all I have to do is lookout and were paid.
He was going to take off a number spot/weed spot with another guy and all I had to do is lookout, and make sure no one came inside while they did what needed to be done.
So we went over it and over it and the time came....
Bazz and his homeboy went in and I stood outside the door like I was told to do.
I could hear people screaming and loud noises coming from inside but I tried to block it out and stay on point with what I had to do.
What seemed like forever was only 2 minutes if that and Bazz and his homeboy came out with bags that held cash & weed.
We got in the car and drove away, all of us happy and trying to keep our cool and make sure no one was following us..
We went into his homeboys apartment, and split up the goods. His homeboy was arguing with Bazz over the fact that I shouldn't get as much as I was because they did most of the work and if anything happened they were the ones that were going down for it.
Well after a few heated words Bazz made sure I got my fair cut and we went right to the 24 hour spot on Humbolt that sold both crack and dope and Bazz and I loaded up and we went and got a hotel room and partied.
Right after it happened the word was out that the spot had gotten stuck up and they were putting word out that if anyone knew anything they would give cash money to any info.
Bazz told me not to worry, that as long as none of us talked we would be in the clear and I knew I wasn't saying anything and I knew he wasn't either, and neither was his homeboy.
A few days later I was going to cop dope at Da Spot. After I got my shit I headed over to this shooting gallery that all the junkies knew of and went to, as long as you had something for "Dud" (That was the dudes nickname) then you can go in and do your shit and relax, or smoke and get all cracked out.
So I went inside and right away I got a bad feeling but just dismissed it. I was doing my first shot of the day so I was just getting off "E", in other words I was taking the dope sickness away and not really getting high just yet.
After I did my shit I smoked a cigarette and was getting ready to leave when this crackhead pulled out a gun on me.
He was cracked out of his mind and he was saying that I had money and I was going to give it up or he was going to kill me.
Let me tell you something it is a strange feeling having a gun pointed right at your face. I mean to the point where you can look right down the barrel.
I told him I didn't have shit and I was just getting off "e" and I was going out to hustle in order not to be sick later on.
Of course I was lying and had the money stashed in my shoe but even with a loaded gun in my face I wasn't giving up my fucking money. Shit I took the risk and here was this nigga pulling a gun on me and just taking it? (Meanwhile that's how I got mine but fuck it).
After a few choice words and screaming back and forth he pulled the trigger and the gun did go off, matter of fact it went off right by my ear and I lost most of my hearing in that ear but it didn't touch me. I don't know if it backfired or the bullet was a blank. To this day I still don't know.
Lou posted about the movie American Beauty when the guy gets shot in the head his life flashes before his eyes. When the gun went off none of that happened to me. I didn't think of my family, friends, good times, or bad times, I was simply blank.
Maybe it wasn't my time and that's why that didn't happen to me? Maybe when it really is my time to go I will see all that? Who knows?
What I do know is I'm still here and still getting high and taking chances. I'm not taking chances like I was, shit nothing like I used to.
I would certainly like to think that gun missed for a reason.....

18 comments:

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

Damn girl! thats some rough shit! Glad you updated tho, I was worried 'bout ya! are you still using now? im trying my ass off to quit for good, im on my second day today. but you know what i hate? i hate it when people down me for using heroin on top of my methadone, and then when i do getta couple days clean, they bash me, saying that no matter how many days i get, dont matter cuz im still on meth. i HATE that!! fuck 'em tho, right? hope you havw a good day girl! btw, how's gypsy, and your babies? get at me girl!

-Kelley

Lou said...

If you don't think you are still here for a reason, then you really are high.

JustFrankie said...

Nice post sKillz. I've had shotguns, revolvers. knives, and even a screwdriver put to my head. Always gave it up for the gun.

Thanks for your words and let's make this a fucking greeat year no matter what.

Peace

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit. Somebody already wrote the book about the girl who was a gang-member and it turned out she had been to Harvard and had never been anywhere near any of the places she claimed to have visited.

Anonymous said...

If your such a rough-house homie why is your blog on comment moderation? One more sign that you are full of crap.

Anonymous said...

Nice story though. If you ever see the movie True Romance, you just described a scene from that movie.

sKILLz said...

Lou your right! Thanks homegirl!

sKILLz said...

Frankie I used to think that no matter what aint no one getting MY shit. However in this point of my life if someone puts a gun to my head I just might give it up I cant say that for sure but right now in my life I have alot more to lose then when I was 16 and running around in the game.

Your dam right were going to make this new year a good one!

sKILLz said...

Omega

Let me say this (also some of what I posted on your blog as well)

I know where I have been in my life, I know the things I have done and not 1 thing I say or write is fake. I dont NEED to make shit up.

If I was to post HALF the shit that I seen or been threw I could write a fucking book and most things people might not believe just because they cant even fathom it.

If you have lived the drug lifestyle then you would know having a gun, knife, razor blade put up to you aint shit, and I have had all of them put to me as well.

The reason I moderate comments is because a few months back that "MICKEY" person and and few other people with nothing better to do with there time was spamming my shit.
I believe Mickey spammed you as well and if you look on your blog I even made a post on one of your Micheal Vick posts.
I do animal rescue and I hate the MOFO!

So if your one of those people who want to start shit on my blog or spam it then best believe your comments will NEVER be seen on here again.
Stay Up!

sKILLz said...

Yo Kelly
thanks for the concern I thought I posted something on one of your blog posts?
Gypsy is doing great and happy! Our holidays were great and I am grateful to have the family anf friends I have in my life as of now and that includes my "online family" as well!

Listen you DO YOU and dont give a FUCK what anyone says to you, if you want to stay clean then GO FOR IT GIRL!
A new year is coming and lets try to make it a good one, and that means no fucking drugs right?
Yo holla at me anytime girl ya digg?
Stay Up!

My Daughter's Addiction said...

omg...that story gave me goose bumps. It reminds of one of my daughters stories when she was just 16 -she's only 18 now.

I noticed quarter-sized puncture in the top of the door frame on the driver's side of my car. I asked her what happened of course at the time she said she didn't know.

Now, that she's not using she told me she and a couple of friends drove into a neighborhood and stole a couple thousand in cash and some drugs...
that small puncture in the drivers side door was from a crow bar.

There's definitely a reason it missed her head just like there's a reason the bullet missed your head. There's always a reason...

Happy New Year...and Stay Safe.

Barb@TimeIsShort said...

iT MISSED FOR A REASON...

Gledwood said...

man that's insane!
great blog btw
;->...

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

Hey girl, thanx 4 the comments!! Yeah yo that shit is craZY as hell about the methadone clinics changin their shit all up! I'm glad my place aint like that!! Thank God!! How you been? Update soon chicky!!

-Kelley

JustFrankie said...

hey I just met your friend from Pittsburg.
she seems pretty cool. How the hell are you?
I don't know about mys[pace anymore, I'm sorta addicted to facebook. all of my old friends from way way back found meand it's been kinda cool lookin at old school photos from when I was 8, 9 and 10 years old.


Keep on truckin girl


love you

frankie

Gledwood said...

talkin' of wisdom, your doggie looks like a wise ole soul...

Wait. What? said...

Amazing history you have and there must be a reason that you came through it all to tell your story -

Cat

JustFrankie said...

Hey I'm really concerned about you. I IM'd you a couple of times and haven't heard back except for your comment on the blog today. Traveling?? WTF? Can you keep me posted?

Powered By Blogger