Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Making Headway!



Alot has been going on that's why I haven't been updating on the regular like I TRY to do.

Guess what people? The apartment is rented!
Thanks to everyone who said a prayer, even if it was a little one, even if it was a good thought!
The papers are signed, checks in the bank and they will be moving in soon.
We were able to re-do the floors, and the terrace as well! The place is looking great, even better then I would have even thought it would come out.
Also before the winter comes we will have put in new windows for them, so its going to look really great!
The view is great, nice skyline view of the city, alot of space, and just all around great place!

My mother is of course less stressed because it is finally rented. However from it not being rented almost 3 months she got behind on alot of bills but you know what, it's rented, and better to have a monthly income then nothing correct?

I have been doing well also. Trying my best to stay out of trouble.
Summer is coming and I just treated Gypsy to a pedicure, and got her about 10 pairs off all different flip-flops, and wedges for her to wear. That's all she likes to wear in the summer.
Once and awhile I will wear a pair but my thing is sneakers of course.

A friend of mine offered me to work with him tomorrow and maybe the rest of the week as well.
He sells books on the street. He knows his shit and knows what is worth money, and knows what he is doing I must give him that.
He sells mostly Art books, and books of that nature.
So I shall be with him working this week. Keeps me off the street and out of trouble.

My computer is up and running and so far so good.
I must admit that I am one smart cookie.
Everything the DELL technician was telling me to do on the phone I had already did. I knew it was the mother board as well as the hard drive.
If I had the parts I would have been able to put them in myself.
Well e have insurance with them so they came over and replaced the parts for free.
The only down side is the new hard drive doesn't have any of my old stuff on it. Like my music, pictures, etc.

So what I need to do is take mt old hard drive and put in another computer, and extract all the files.
I have a good friend in my hood who fixes computers and I'm more then sure he will let me use one of his computers to extract the files. One I extract them onto a portable hard drive I then put them on my new hard drive and everything is exactly the same.

The only thing I a little leery of is that if one of the files on the old hard drive is infected, all I'm going to be doing is taking the infected file and putting it into a brand new hard drive and then it will happen all over again.
So I'm pondering if I'm even going to do it or not.

I can take a computer apart.
I can take all the part for a computer and put it together from scratch.

I'm thinking of either going to school for computers, or maybe taking a course, just doing something.
Everything I know of computer I taught myself. I know everything from trial and error.
There were times where I would sit in front of the computer for 10-15 hours at a time until I got the problem fixed and you bet your sweet ass I got it fixed!

So that's whats been going on in a nutshell.
Apartment rented.
Trying to get some steady work.
Computer working fine.
Animals, family, and partner doing good.

I hope everyone else is doing good as well.

I don't want to make this post longer then what it is so I will blog on "the twins" and the program madness as well maybe later or tomorrow.
Again thanks to everyone who said a little prayer for meeeeeee.....
stay Up!

5 comments:

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Hi dear sKILLz,
Lou and I have been unable to get to your blog because it was saying we need to be invited, as it is set to private. If so, please invite us!

I just now was able to get in.

I am so happy about the apartment being rented. Yay!

Love ya. Stay in touch.

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

sKILLz,
Check your e-mail, I sent you pictures of my furry kids for your blog.

Love,

SB

Lou said...

10 pairs of flips! She is ready for summer L0L
Send some pics of the doggies to SB, she is doing a weekly post about Bastardly pets. This week was my very own kitty "Weeziegrrl"

kristi said...

Glad your Mom got the place rented!

Anonymous said...

Just curious, how much was the rent for the apartment your mom rented out?

I've always(like everybody)wanted to live in New York. I've been their once for two days, in Longbeach city, which I belive is in Queens. I was pretty proud of myself, I navigated the trains flawlessly. I could get from CBGBS to our Hotel which was like 10-20min train ride. I only got off at the wrong spot once.

Wow, you have lots of dogs. You must have a big place. Brooklyn is a little cheaper to live in, than Manahattan!?! Right?

Anyway, I'm reading your blog from bottom to top, and I was even thinking of going back to your first post. Which I might do. So you might have comments comming from posts you posted a year ago. LOL!

Lots of love,
Anna Grace
XXX

Powered By Blogger