Just a quick post to say whats going on in my life.
Had a GREAT 4TH of July Weekend. Went to a big cookout at one of Gypsy's friends house. Had all kinds of good food to eat. Beer & Liquor to who likes to drink. There were a few people in recovery but they didn't mind that the drinking was going on.
Anyways after the cookout we headed to the roof to watch the fireworks. Now if you never lived in Brooklyn and seen the fireworks on a rooftop you are missing something great!
It was great, brought me back to when I was a kid.
When I was younger my father used to go to China Town and buy at least 500-1000 bucks worth of fireworks for our block.
We used to have a block party, everyone would cook and then once the sun went down we set up shop!
People from all over used to come just to watch my fathers firework show! He did it for at least 10 years. My father was getting worse and worse in his addictions that it just died out like he did.
Anyways after the rooftop firework show we went back down for ice cream soda floats and just good conversation!
Gypsy and I didn't get home till about 4am!
We slept late on Sunday, got some cleaning done and then cooked a nice meal for ourselves as we watched a few movies.
White Oleander was one of them, anyone see it? It was a great movie to me!
Other then all of that I felt like Monday came too fast.
To all my peeps that give a fuck about me, thanks alot it really means alot to me!
I'm going to try to keep up with this blog more. Only sometimes when I go to blog it doesn't come out right or at all.
Does that ever happen to anyone else that blogs?
Hope all is well!
Stay Up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Glad that you had a good time. White Oleander is a great book, better than the movie. Keep blogging!
The fireworks on the rooftop sounds like a lot of fun. I bet NYC does it up right! One of my life 100 things to do is watch the ball drop in Times Square--maybe we can get together for that in a few years.
You sound good, I'm glad you had a relaxing time. Be careful with your sweet self...
SYD:
YesI want to read the book as well.
My friend has it and is going to lend it to me!
I'm trying to blog as much as I can!
LOU:
Shit I lived here my whole life and never been to times square at new years!
We watch it on TV where ever I might be at that year.
I'm sure its great to be there tho.
Yea we had a great time and just chilled out!
Glad you had a good one as well!
lived in NYC almost 40 years and never would go to Times square New years.
but the italian feast and block parties.... oh yeah....
I miss rooftops. i miss fire escapes. i miss people walking faster than my nanny (meemaw for all u southerners).
Be Blessed folks.
Brother Frankie
Boy, your holiday weekend sounds great!
Yes, I have problems sometimes with things coming out right on my blog. It happens.
I love you, sKILLz. You know I do. You stay up, too!
SB
Post a Comment