On 7/23 were going to a rally to keep the BSL law from passing here in NY. It has already been passed in other states!
It's going to be in Washington Square Park at 6PM and I can't wait. I'm fighting for a cause I am very passionate about! I don't think it's right to punish a whole breed for dogs because of dumb people who use and abuse pit bulls.
If they do it to pit bulls who's to say there not going to do it to Dobermans, or Boxers?
I know Pit bulls are always in the headlines when something bad happens but what about when something good happens?
What about when a Pit bull is rescued and makes a family happy? What about when A pit bull is rescued and it shows people that despite having been abused for years it can still get and GIVE love!!
So if your in New York and you can come support that would be great! The more voices maybe, just maybe we can be heard!
I will take some pictures and blog about it the day after or so. That's hoping I don't get arrested!
I can't promise anything my people, this is something that rips at my heart and if I get a little loud then so be it!
I have seen TOO MANY pit bulls who died or lived a lifetime of misery and they need to be treated like any other dog! They need to loved and cared for!!
I think I could go on and on with this topic.
"Punish the deed not the breed"
Stay Up!


10 comments:
Wish I could be there, sKILLz. I agree totally.
Much love,
SB
I like your blog a lot, and I love that you've always been such an advocate of animal rescue. Breed ban bullsh*t makes me SO mad.
We have a deaf pit bull mix. He's the sweetest happiest, most loving dog in the world. He came from a rescue program. He's almost all white, completely deaf, and he was definitely abused before we got him. The vet said that he had been kicked or hit so hard that his spleen was ruptured--as a puppy. He's still leery of strangers sometimes, and he's afraid of other dogs sometimes too--but he's getting better and better as time goes on and he's gotten to meet other normal dogs in happier settings.
Anyway, I really love dogs, and I think pit bulls and other bully breeds are some of the best dogs ever. wish I could be at the rally too.
MEM:
Alot of white dogs a def. I think whoever did that to this dog should be DEAD!
Anyone that can hurt an animal like that, or any way has no heart!
Yes I have doing rescue for about 4years now.
We have gotten alot of dogs and cats homes.
Mostly dogs.
It's so hard to see some of the conditions this dogs and cats come from.
Some of the things they had done to them.
I mean when I go to the shelters to volunteer it makes me SICK what I see!
Your a great person for taking that dog in.
What did you name him?
He will get better, just keep showing him he will NEVER be hurt again!!!!
Stay Up!
SB:
Thanks homie I know you ALWAYS got my back!
Stay Up
My boyfriend named the dog Tuffy. He is such a sweet dog, he loves to cuddle.
When we had to be away from home for like 12-16 hours a couple of times, we took him to this really great dog daycare. I live in Portland, OR, and there's a non-profit here called Outside In, they have a lot of resources for homeless youth--like health clinic, needle exchange, info on programs for treatment and housing, even tattoo removal.
Anyway, Outside In opened this dog daycare called Virginia Woof; it's partly staffed by kids from their programs. It gives the kids job training and experience, and most kids get a lot out of working with animals. Most dogs are easier to trust than people.
Tuffy got to spend time socializing with other dogs there, and they give the dogs lots of play and exercise, so it was great for him. I noticed a big change in how he acts around other dogs after he went there a few times. Virginia Woof is one of the few dog day cares in P-land that take pit bulls.
sorry to go on &on...I just get kinda choked up about V Woof--'cause some of the kids & some of the dogs there have been thru a lot, and they get to help each other out.
MEM:
Tuffy is a really cute name.
We have doggy day care here in Brooklyn and NYC that will take pit bulls as long as they pass the temperament test.
Being in NY the owners know alot of rescue dogs are pit bulls.
I think that place is GREAT! The things there doing for the kids and the dogs, that's REALLY cool!
I'm sure Tuffy being around other dogs, and playing with them is a good thing for him.
Lets him get used to them, begin to trust, and see that not all dogs are out to hurt him, as well as people.
Don't worry about the long post I love talking about animals.
email me if you like
sdawgz13@yahoo.com
Just let me know it's you or I might think it's spam!
Stay Up!
sKILLz,
How did the rally go? You are not in jail are you? Ha.
I had dinner with the neighbor couple last night, and they have a beautiful gray pit. I told them that a friend of mine from Brooklyn rescues pits. Their dog was a real doll baby.
Love,
SB
S, google chihuahuas & Detroit. Read the story of the crazy shit that just came to light here.
Over 200 dogs, 50 of them dead and in freezers..and NO ONE in the neighborhood noticed anything unusual?!?!?
LOU:
I read that story when it broke.
It makes me literally SICK to stomach! I swear this is when I feel like I can kill someone!
SB:
It rained like CRAZY that day and we thought it was canceled and it WAS NOT!
We are SO PISSED!
We did however spread the word and because of us doing so they had somewhat of a big turnout.
My readers know me, anything to do with saving animals and I'm there!
Thanks for the concern SB!
Stay Up!
Post a Comment