Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Whats Your Secret?


Hey my wonderful peeps whats going down? I always start out thinking I have nothing much to write about but once I finally get going I cant seem to stop.
Wednesday night me and my wife went to a book reading/signing here in Brooklyn. It was in a Barnes and Noble, and it was close to home. It was Frank Warren the guy from the Postsecrets website. If your not familiar with the site its kick ass. He has people mail in postcards with secrets on them. Its all anonymous and every Sunday he picks 20 and puts them on the site. He has been doing this for about 3 years and has made about 3 books from it as well. He was speaking on his latest book at the signing that we went to.
So we went early and sat at Starbucks, got a nice Caramel Frap and read the book. I had a really good time. As I was sitting across from Maria I couldn't help but think how happy we both were at that moment and how I just wanted to make it last forever. I would find a funny or shocking secret and show her and she would do the same and we exchanged them while sharing our Frap.
Other people were getting a lil pissed because we were laughing and having a good time but fuck em, if you don't like it them fucking move!
We went out to have a smoke and then went down to get good seats. It started at 7:30pm but we went and sat down at 7 and there were people already waiting. As time went by and got closer to him coming in it got so packed.
So he came and spoke about how he got started and some secrets that stay in his mind, and how his daughter and wife tried to sneak there own postcard secrets in while he wasn't looking and it was just a really great time. He's a regular guy, in his forties who came up with this idea and it took off. He gives alot of his profits to the suicide helpline. If you go to his site you will see at the bottom more about the helpline.
Are you brave enough to tell someone else? Would you ever send one in?
I have sent one in and so has my wife. Believe it or not Marias got posted on the blog one Sunday! How dope is that?
So whats your secret...................................?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just might know my secret, huh?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE postsecret. It's one of my favorite all-time blogs.

Peace,
Scout

Peppa said...

That is so cool that yall got to go to that. And I am also happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time!

Powered By Blogger