
The seasons are changing, summer is over and the Winter is coming here in Brooklyn slowly but surely. I don't like to sweat, but I like the long hours of sunlight, seeing the kids playing at the park, and here in Brooklyn theres this certain smell in the air. I have such great memories from my summers growing up. I think back on all the summers I had with people who are no longer here, and this brings me to the time I lost one of my best friends.
All hoods have lil nicknames for all the chill spots. We used to chill in the same area all the time. There was the block, the park, and the square. One night me and a few of my close friends were chilling hanging out, doing the usual every night bullshit. Get high, get drunk, drop some acid, do some lines, and then there was the powerful heroin habit that I had to feed. Some of my homies knew abut the dope, but I mostly hid it from most. So what seemed to be a normal night turned into a night that I will never forget. One of my good friends Ronnie, who was so kind and cool. This dude would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He got into a beef with this other guy over money. Words were exchanged, and next thing I know Ronnie and this other kid are going at it. Now right away I took out my brass knuckles and was ready to go, but it was a one on one and Ronnie was defiantly holding his own. He was beating the shit out of this other dude. Now being the dude friends were looking, and he was getting his ass kicked, he must have felt like if he didn't do something "big" he would never live this ass whipping down. So what does he decide to do? He pulls out a knife and being Ronnie is so focused on hitting him and fighting him, he doesn't see the knife. I reacted but it was too late. Ronnie had been stabbed 3times before I got over to him. Everything was moving in slow motion at this time. It was like I was on the outside looking in. At that point everyone that was friends of ours jumped on the guy, and started beating him worse then what Ronnie had done. Of course his homies left as soon as they saw us jumping on him,and heard the cops and ambulance in the distance.
It was too late Ronnie had died right then and there. All because he fought a good fight. The guy finally came to, and the cops were right there to arrest him. All he said was "I didn't mean to kill him". With tears in my eyes I said "Well you did and now he's gone forever"! Not a day goes by that I don't think of Ronnie. He was one of my best friends, he was down for whatever, always smiling and joking! I cant help but wonder what life would be like if he was still here


4 comments:
That's messed up, huh? That dude probably regrets that and will for the rest of his life. Why? Pride, right?
yea its fucked! I remember that night a lil too well.
I wish i had done something, but then maybe i would be in jail too.
i believe everything happens for a reason.....
Skillz, it is wisdom, to understand that all things happen for a reason. Yes, I believe as you do, every little thing, it all happens for a very specific reason. It's been cool, sometimes to watch it unfold and then, like a puzzle, you get to see a piece of that big picture, ya know?
Hugz to you and the wife!
I also think that things happen for a reason. It is really fucked up what happened to your friend. I could never imagine living the lifestyle you have lived and seen and expierenced the things you have.
Post a Comment