Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bazz

Shabaz and I met for the first time in Cooper Projects in Brooklyn of course! He saw that I was jiggy and I also noticed the same about him. After a few words and some conversation we started hanging out tough.
I was young, about 14-15yrs old and he was about 30yrs old. "Bazz" had just came home from doing a 12 year bid in prison. He was about 6foot 5 and had mad weight to him. He was darker then dark as well. Most people who saw us walking together stopped and stared. I always got mad back then but after Bazz broke it down to me I kinda understood a lil better.
Most people who looked at us saw a 30 year old black dude with a young 15 year old white girl and probably thought that he was trying to rape me or something. Which was the total opposite. Bazz knew I didn't like men sexually and he also had a woman who stuck by him for most of his bid and he really cared for her as well.
Bazz and I were running partners mainly. Whatever we came off with we would break it right down the middle. I have to say we worked really well together because every single day and night we came off with mad money.
We did every kind of hustle. We even stuck up a numbers spot with 2 other dudes. I will never forget that. Bazz put me on to it and the dudes didn't want me there because I was a female and Bazz told them the fuck off. He told them that if I wasn't there then count him out, and that I had more heart and balls then most men.
The relationship between Bazz and I was like a brother sister type thing.
 Bazz taught me the
way of the game and the streets, looked out for me, and schooled me to things.
He also made sure no one fucked with me.
One time I went and copped some dope in Cooper and I didn't really know the dudes but copped from them anyways.  After I got my shit I heard one of the guys saying something nasty to me. I turned around and looked at them and realized that if I said something chances are I was either going to get the shit beat out of me or dragged to the roof and raped so I just turned right around and went on about my biz.
As soon as I saw Bazz he knew something was wrong and I told him what happened earlier. He walked me over to where the
 same guys were standing and 
told me to point out which ones disrespected me and so I did. Bazz went up to
them and told them that I was like a sister to him and that if he ever heard of something like that again he wouldn't even bother words. The guys didn't even dare
answer him back. Bazz had alot of juice in the streets.
About 2 weeks had passed and I hadnt heard anything from or about Bazz. I was worried that something really fucked up had happened to him. I ran into this dude name Dud who I knew from the streets and as soon as he saw me he said he had a message from Bazz. I eagerly awaited what he had to say as he stopped to light up a smoke. Dud said that he just got home from Rikers and that he ran into Bazz while in there. Bazz got locked up on a robbery charge and was looking
at alot of time because of his record. Dud handed me a piece of paper with Bazz's name and numbers and Bazz asked if I could write to him.
I wrote to him as much as I could and we kept in contact for awhile. Next thing I know about 2months go by and no word from Bazz. I wrote again, and still nothing. I didn't give up
and kept on writing and yet again nothing.
Its been years since I last heard from Bazz and I still think and wonder where he is, if hes ok, if hes even alive.
Even though we got high together and did bad things I still love him like a brother and wish nothing bad upon him. This hard ass thug had a soft spot for me and did right by me. I really wish I knew if he was ok or not.  

5 comments:

dee goldie said...

ah girl, i'm sorry you haven't heard from him. at least you did the right thing by staying down for him and writing. xo

joy said...

I was just thinking of a friend of mine like that earlier this week and trying to track him down on the internet. These kinds of guys are really the folks who'll have a Myspace or anything, though. It sucks to lose the people who meant so much to us.

Anonymous said...

Good story, damn shame. They might've shipped him to State Prison, possibly? If he was gonna do a long bid, wouldn't they ship him out? If you know his actual name and all, you might be able to find him on NY Inmate Locater.

sKILLz said...

Yea I have looked for him but with no luck. I'm now wondering if hes even alive and if so where the fuck he could be at.

Barb@TimeIsShort said...

Yea, I hate unfinished business or the loss of good, really good friends.

Powered By Blogger