Brooklyn All Day Every Day!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

THIS SAYS IT ALL!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Where Are They Now?



Something about summer nights in Brooklyn that make me think about when I was growing up and was running wild, doing dumb shit and the people I used to hang with at the time. See summer in Brooklyn there was always something going on. Winters aren't much different but its just something about the heat, people being out all hours of the night, and just the smell in the air. It didn't matter if it was a weekend or a weekday there was always something to get into and most of the time it wasn't legal.
I used to hang out in Cooper projects alot and over there I caught alot of my "firsts". My first blunt, my first fight, my first time dropping acid, my first bag of dope and so on.
Everyday was like a new adventure. Everyday we were into some kind of trouble and it was fun because we felt like we were invincible of course. The crew I was hanging out with at the time was a few years older then me so they were into some heavy drugs and dealing. That's how I became addicted at such a young age. That's also where I met Ronnie. (RIP)
One guy who I used to hang out with who was dealing crack at the time had a mother who was addicted to crack and HIV positive as well. Only after 3 years of knowing him and his mother his mom passed away due to HIV and after that he went and became a crack addict as well and I just lost touch with him.
Another kid I used to hang out with his nickname was Flip. His mother was killed when a man tried to rob her and she only had like 30bucks and I guess that wasn't enough for him so he went and shot her killing right on the spot. Flip didn't even get to say goodbye.
Phillip was about the same age as me and man did he have shit on his plate. First off his father was a big time gangster/drug addict when the family was younger. He had 1 older sister and 1 younger sister. I hung out with the whole family really. They weren't far apart in age at all. The mother was on methadone for like 40years and she was HIV positive. All of the children became drug addicts. The sisters began selling themselves for drugs while Phil and I would go out robbing, stealing and selling drugs to provide for our habits. The mother died a slow and painful death as the children watched on helplessly. Sadly ALL of the children contracted HIV. The sisters got it from prostitution and Phillip got it from sharing needles from other junkies. I havent seen any of them in over 5 years.
Then there was Mike. Mike was another partner in crime with me. His father was an addict and died of and overdose. His mother worked her ass off to provide a good life for him his brother and sister. Mikes brother was always in and out of jail his whole life. I think hes locked of as of now doing a state bid. His sister had 2 children at an early age and smokes crack.
Mike became a heroin addict and we used to hustle together and get high together as well. I have tried to contact him several times and nothing since. Last I heard of Mike he was on a methadone program and he was working and doing really good. If thats true and a really hope it is I wish him nothing but the best.
These are just some of the people that come to my mind right now. I always wonder who they are, where they are, what there doing and if there even still alive. Do they think of me? What memories come to mind when they do? Well to the ones I just mentioned and all the others you are always in my thoughts and I wish you nothing but the best!
Stay Up!

2 comments:

Barb@TimeIsShort said...

This game we play, the lifestyle we have embraced for lack of a better word, ain't easy is it? Addiction's a real cunt and we struggle every day. But these people are real, aren't they, ya know what I mean? I often think I'd never want to trade lives with those of the Plastic Fantastic Generation. I'm for real and so are you. I have heart, so do you. I think if we both died tomorrow, Skillz, we could and would say we've lived, now haven't we? It might be on the edge of a 20 story building but we've lived, loved hardcore. They'll never understand will they? Sadly, as I came back, full circle, where I live now, all my homies are dead or in prison but mostly dead. Did I survive as a tortured soul? Yep.

I miss ya like crazy, you and the wife and I mean that. How do I describe us? I don't know but you've looked into my eyes at the worst of moments and you were there and I knew you cared. I knew it. You are my sister...

Dying4Something2Live4 said...

Hey where you been l8tly? Hope everythings goin good!

Powered By Blogger