I was 16 and Melissa was 15. We used to go cop in the projects, and then go up to the roof to get off. It was quiet, and most of the time we didn't have to worry about anyone bothering us. We had been doing it so long that the housing people who cleaned the buildings knew us and became very friendly with us. We never left is dirty, well more dirty then it was to begin with, and we weren't hurting anyone else but ourselves.
I was breaking night and hardly ever home. Melissa was running the streets just as hard
as me and thought it was fucking cool to be doing it. We got our get well money, got off, went out made more money, and tried to get as fucked up as we could.
It was only around 6pm already we came off with money so that we should be good all the way into the next day. We
copped, got some loose cigs, some munchies, and a quarter water. We got up to the roof, and divided the dope. I glanced over at Melissa and saw that she was putting alot in the cooker. I gave her a look, and told her at the same time to chill and take it easy.
Next thing I know this bitch stops fucking breathing!
I grabbed her, slapped her face and still nothing.
I scooped up all the empty dope bags, and the works and anything that was left from what we
were doing.
I grabbed Melissa, threw her over my shoulder, and ran down 4 flights of stairs.
Melissa at the time was about 5-8 and 120 pounds. She was taller then me and don't ask how I got the strength to carry her down!
I get outside and put her on one of the benches. There are a few people outside, not many.
I ran to the phone and called 911 and just non sense came out of me. I was trying to tell them the address and her info and everything all at the same time.
The dealers were outside when I first came down but as soon as the cops and ambo came they all scattered.
The ambo people started doing all this shit to her and asking me all these fucking questions. I told them the truth, I didn't want her to die and not like that. That's not for ANYONE!
They took her away and I gave them her mothers info to inform her what had just happened.
Of course it was all my fault and if it wasn't for me she wouldn't even be doing these things.
Meanwhile her mother and father were and still were junkies. Melissa started selling her ass and adapted to the life real quick and real easy. Melissa was a lier at any little thing. She was and from I hear still is a pathological lier. By the time of 17-19 she contracted HIV.
Its been sometime since I have seen Melissa and I wish her well. We were running buddies for quite awhile and had some really good times.
Did she mean to try to kill herself that night? Does anyone who puts a little more in the cooker looking for a "nice head"?
Would she have done the same thing for me if it happened to me and not her?
Would she have died if I wasnt there to help her?


2 comments:
Wow, that's pretty deep. I know when I'm dope sick, real sick, I'd think of killing myself, I mean really. But never when I have something. I guess I'd be wondering the same thing. For starters, if it happened to you, would she be able to carry you, as you said she wasn't very big, ya know?
We had a friend that OD'd at my house and my ol man wouldn't let me call an ambulance. I fought to get this mofo out of the state he was in. Thank God, he came out of it, but not before I virtually beat the crap outa him to get him up. He was all bruised and shit. I'd sure hate for someone to be so afraid of themselves getting into trouble that they'd be too afraid to get me help. Bad scene, huh?
Good story G-Friend!
Whoops, that was me...Babz
Post a Comment